Towards the end of August of 2009 I got into a car wreck and badly injured my chest, shoulder, and got two bruises on my brain from my head against the windshield. I had been drinking that night , but thats not why I was getting ready to face a dui. Because I was under the influence of alcohol and prescription medicine, not that I was over the legal limit. But the fact that I mixed the two they were gonna get me. I even told the judge after the fact that I could come up with a doctors note and that did not matter. As I am dealing with the fact that I am getting a dui, I am also preparing for school to begin. Little did I know that a few weeks before school began that I would be pulled over in my neighborhood for a second dui. After blowing into the breathalizer, that cop looked at me in amazement. Because I was a carrying on a perfectly good conversation with him after blowing what I blew. Safe to say I went to jail without passing go. I ended up serving two weeks in jail. Went to court after that second week and got released but was convicted of two dui first, got an almost 1,800 dollar fine, lost my liscence for a year, and had to serve the next two weekends in jail.
After getting home and settled in, my grandma's boyfriend dies at sixty-eight. He had been sick since thanksgiving of 2009, but being the old stubborn man he was he fefused to go to the hospital. Well, after my grandma begging him he finally agreed to go. The next morning my granny went to pick George up, but he wouldn't answer the door. After the neighbor kicked his door in, she found him lying on the floor. My granny and the coroner determined that fluid had went to George's heart(which he had already problems with) and caused him to go into cardiac arrest. I was really sad for my granny because George was her best friend ,they talked everyday. My grandfather and George's wife died the same year. This is why their bond was so tight.
After getting back from Paducah, which is where my granny lives. I had to begin the stressful process of looking for a new place to live for me and my dogs. I own a rottweiller and a wiener dog. They are both good dogs but the rottweiller causes problems when it comes time to find a place to live. Rottweillers are considered a viscious breed and are deemed insurance liabilities. Therefore not many landlords want to rent to me and because of this I usually have to jump on the first place that will take me. This a lot of times means taking a horrid place. I moved into my new place the second week of school. It was acceptable for the most part accept for the carpet, which had been urined on heavily by a dog that lived here before me. Unfortunately, they made me live here for a little over a week before they finally changed the carpet. This whole concept of moving wouldn't have even been brought up if I hadn't been driving my cousins car the night I got pulled over for my second dui. My cousin is graduating eku this summer with a bachelors degree in criminal justice with hopes of being a police officer. He is interning this semester at the police department. Because I got pulled over in his car with his gun in the glovebox, he almost lost his intern. Which inturn would have made him not to be able to graduate as scheduled and have to wait to be a police officer.
Once I started school the second week it seemed as though nothing else could go wrong. But little did I estimate that something that I had been battling with my whole life would come to haunt me yet again. I am bi-polar, add, and an insomniac, when combined can be a dangerous combination. I am currently being treated in Covington,Ky. because I have found nobody in Lexington that treats with one of the medications I am on. Because I had wrecked my car in Dec. of 2009 it had become hard for me to see my doctor. Because of going unmedicated I ultimately have had to drop out of all but one class. Which will not effect my academic probation, but could hinder my chances of getting financial aid the following semester.
Andre 3000 from the hip hop group outkast said it best when he said "Life never lived up to my expectations, so I except the patience. Expect the best, but now pacing inside I am melting like water on wicked wichtes. I had the best of life in my clinches but monkey wrinches were throne". We can always hope for the best, but are many times going into things blind and do not antiscipate the problems that could reveal themselves. Thinking ahead and preperation can be key in following dreams and obtaining goals. But if illprepared failure could be expected, especially if you are making blantent wrong decisions going into certain situations. So always think about and be prepared for key moments in your life. Always hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
No comments:
Post a Comment